Sunday, March 18, 2012

Evolving

I've got so much in my head lately its hard to organize it and deliver, ya know? First off I miss my blog/writing, a lot. I'm now taking the time to go through my follow list, cleaning it out, as there are some people that no longer write, or their blog is gonezo.

I also am happy to write again because of my new (old) macbook I bought from my brother. I'm team apple in every department except my phone, that I am team blackberry. Go ahead and laugh it up ;)

So to recap on my disappearance from here, as previous post shows I've gotten engaged :) Matthew bought me a hearts on fire ring, which is exactly the type of diamond ring I wanted. He made my day, he had 9 people (friends & our family) deliver me one rose throughout the day, and then when I left work he had the 10th rose for me out in the parking lot, and then you know the rest.



My step mom Gail also invited me to go to Florida with her at the end of April! We are going with her daughter, her husband, nanny and two kids. We already know Universal is a definite go. However I've never been to Florida (and this will be only my second time on a plane), so I don't care where we go, as long as I get some beach time!

My Dad also purchased a camper that sleeps six, and is going to put it on a seasonal campsite in the town we used to live in, maybe 3 miles from the house I grew up in. It is about 40 mins from where Matt and I live now, so it makes it an easy short trip to stay a night or two. Full bath, kitchen including stove, fridge, microwave, etc. The family that had used the site also built a deck that happens to fit our camper so that makes it even better. Its right next to the lake, so he'll put the boat down there too. If everyone in the family takes advantage in using it, we'll use it next year too.

To wrap this post up, I wanted to talk about my health. Comparably I'm better than I've ever been. I'm up 20lbs from my lowest weight, but somehow I'm much less critical about my body image than I was. I believe being in a relationship with someone who sees you at your worst is a major factor. However I do not feel fit, in shape, etc. I would like to slim down, in a healthy way. My diet isn't horrible in the least bit, I am mainly consuming a paleo diet/unprocessed foods, lots of meat, veggies, some fruit, and nuts. I am failing in the department of h20. I mean like F- kind of fail. I'll drink my coffee in the morning and I'm lucky if I drink anything else all day. I just admitted that. This isn't good for anyone.

My main goal is to be toned, stop cravings (I still fight those, and occasionally eat things that aren't unprocessed ie Amy's gluten free pizza, air popped popcorn, and I do eat gluten free oatmeal when I'm rushed in the AM). Oh, and drink more water! I'm going to be looking into starting the gym again, as soon as I can figure out which gym is worth my $, as they have contracts at the two I'm looking at. My overall goal in summary is balance. I struggled with overeating/obesity until I was 18, and then battled anorexia and bulimia for almost 5 years.

Also! One goal I accomplished that was a long time coming- I've paid off all my debt!!! My school loan, capital one, victoria secret and wal mart credit card are paid off. It may have taken almost my whole tax return but I immediately saw the savings when I got my pay check and didn't have to use it all. On top of that I got a raise at work. Boo-ya.

1 comment:

  1. Congrat on your engagement, and everything else. Sees like all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete